Sunday, October 30, 2011

Beautiful


I'm not sure if anyone ever reads these little blurbs about my life, but I just HAD to let this story of grace, mercy, excitement, joy, and thankfulness overflow onto my blog. :)
I have been thinking a lot about the one precious life that has been granted to me by God and the simple fact that I don't want to waste it. 
I want ALL of my thoughts, decisions, plans, and actions that I make to honor and glorify my King and perfect Creator!

Thanks to everyone for your sweet birthday wishes and messages to me.
You don't understand how much your kind words mean to me. 
I feel so loved by so many people. 
I am so unworthy of this. 

I'm not perfect and I don't have a "perfect" life. Actually, there's nothing good in me. 
In fact I am a mess.
A complete mess. 
  But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved me, even when I was dead in my trespasses, made me alive together with Christ—by grace I have been saved—and raised up with him and seated with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward me in Christ Jesus. For by grace I have been saved through faith. And this is NOT  of my own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that I may not boast. For I am his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that I should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:4-10)

WOW! Such a beautiful thing! 
It's so hard to grasp God's love, kindness, mercy, and favor on my life to bring Him glory. 
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. (1 Corinthians 1:27-29)

God's full intention was for His creation to bring praise to Him. 
We rebelled and have worshiped everything but Him; separating us from Him. 
His heart is reconcile us to Himself and he has given us the ministry of reconciliation (making the gospel known) through His Son Jesus so that we may have LIFE. 

Listen to this song: 


I am so amazed that before I was conceived in my mother's womb HE KNEW exactly who 
Lauren Brooke Simpson 
would be and what my life would look like and how He would draw me to himself and redeem my broken life.



It is for this reason that I don't want to waste the one life that has been given to me. 
I want others to experience the magnitude and intimate love of our Great King!
That's what I want my WHOLE life to consist of and what I want to be known for. 
I am nothing and this blog post is not about me, but rather about an incredible Savior, Redeemer, Lover, Sustainer, and Creator. 

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30


With a heart of thankfulness and amazement my heart cries out Psalm 139 to my perfect Creator:

O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!


Thank you for loving me, creating me, hearing me, saving me, healing me, and redeeming me. 
My Jesus I love Thee; I know Thou art mine. 




In You I am LOVED, SECURED, and ACCEPTED. I have LIFE. 
I am NEVER alone. 
I have an eternal inheritance as your adopted child. 
I have comfort, peace, and strength. 
In YOU I am SATISFIED
I am protected. 
I am FREE. 
I lack nothing. I am complete.  
I am made in the image of You. 
I am held in EVERLASTING arms. 
I have been chosen and set apart
I am a crown of royal beauty
I have DIRECT access to You!
I am a NEW CREATION. 
Boldness and Confidence are mine through You. 
I am not my own. I belong to You!



Thank you for an amazing twenty-one years.
Praise to You King Jesus for this little life.  
I love you. 

Love your Daughter, 
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment