Friday, October 1, 2010

Gifts

"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:16

WOW! I am just amazed at the fact that God knew everything about me before I was even in my mother's womb! BTW, He knitted me there! (Ps. 139:13)
I am astonished that He knew exactly what I would do each day of my life before I was even conceived. He knew that I would reject Him and that I would be His enemy, He knew that I would fail Him time and time again, yet He chose me to be His daughter! He has secured and approved me through His Son Jesus Christ. I am so undeserving of His mercy and grace that He freely GAVE for me to receive, it was a GIFT.

Tonight, Kristin talked a little about Evangelism, something she is extremely gifted in! We talked about different evangelism styles and how not one way was better than another, but that God has created us each uniquely to share THE GOSPEL. This is the purpose that we were created for- To GLORIFY God and to make Him known to ALL of the Nations!! (Matthew 28:18-20)
I realize that I definitely don't share my faith enough! Deep down, I really do have a desire for others to come to know Christ and have a personal relationship with HIM. However, I often allow sin, lies, and "self" to get in the way and therefore, I am not glorifying God. I want so badly for humility to invade my life and to write all over my heart that it is a privilege to share with others, The Gospel.

God has given us the GIFT of His Son Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He lived a perfect, sinless life, and bore the FULL and complete wrath that we deserved. If we repent and trust in Jesus we will be able to stand before God, righteous and redeemed and have the gift of eternal LIFE! Jesus was thinking of you and me....

No comments:

Post a Comment